Monday, May 18, 2009

My Baby Brother....

Cole passed away Sunday morning, May 10, 2009. It was unexpected and without warning! There is a lot of people asking what happened....so instead of fighting the tears and repeating the horrific experience that my mother and family went through, here it is in a short version. Saturday morning my brother Cole was complaining of chest and back pain. He then went to a chiropractor for the back pain. After arriving home the pain had escalated. He was at this time vomiting and nauseated. My mother then took him to the Emergency Room around eleven in the morning. They ran a number of tests including cat scans, urine, and blood tests. The conclusion at the end of the first ER visit was that he was probably passing a kidney stone. He was sent home with pain and nausea medication. Saturday evening around nine my mother took Cole to the ER the second time. The pain was not letting up and the medication was no longer having an affect on the pain. He was in the ER for three more hours before they admitted him. He gradually got worse through the night, so they did a scan of the fluids in his body using that dye which they did not use in the first scan. This is when they found pools of blood internally and the doctors say that his aortic valve had burst or leaked and he was bleeding internally. This was around 630 Sunday morning. By the time they had found the problem it was too late to life flight him or prep for surgery. They could not stabilize him enough to do either. He went code blue at 8 am Sunday morning. He had no previous heart conditions. Everything that could go wrong did. It was a shock to us all.


Cole's Obituary can be seen at www.flammfh.com
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Tom and Kassie said...

Tara- I love you so much! Please know that I am always here for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Kaeli & Kyle said...

Tara - I have been thinking about your family. My heart goes out to you. You're in my prayers!

Anna said...

Tara, I know there is nothing I can say that will make it all better but just know there are so many people thinking of you and your family and praying for you. I hope you will all have a peace in your heart

Clarissa Meegan said...

Tara,

My heart goes out to you. We are thinking about you and praying for you all!

Dan & Brooke said...

Tara, I am so proud of the way you have been dealing with your family's horrible loss. We are so blessed to have the gospel and to have Cole as a fine example of a true follower of Christ and His gospel. Only time will heal those open wounds; but know that your friends, family, and even those who only knew your family and Cole a short time continue to pray for you and Cole on the other side. God bless. We love you!

Kim and Sean said...

breaks my heart. Love ya Tara! Hope your doing okay. I'm hear if you need anything. Take care. Kim

Annalee Taylor said...

Im so sorry for your loss, i have been thinking about you ever since i heard. I hope you and your family know how many thoughts and prayers are with you. He was a great kid, Im so sorry.