Sunday, July 19, 2009

things i will miss...

I decided I would write a list of things I remember/miss about my little brother... for my sake I guess?

  1. Singing/humming hymns or favorite songs just slightly out of tune.
  2. His Laugh
  3. Ability to make light of any situation
  4. desire to do good
  5. willingness to serve others
  6. teasing my little adrie and all the grand kids for that matter
  7. sleeping with his eyes slightly open
  8. saying "I've done that before" to make me feel better
  9. talking about girls
  10. enjoying new music
  11. how mature and humble he was
  12. how he took care of my mom...
  13. willingness to be hanging out with me cuz i was bored
  14. watching american idol even though he acted like he didn't like it
  15. hot wings
  16. shrimp and vegetables with jerk sauce
  17. motorbiking and four wheeling....camping, etc.
  18. watching ESPN and sports any chance he got
  19. love for Joseph Smith
  20. him and his buddies hanging out at the house
  21. sincerity
  22. "barking spiders"......never thought i would miss that
  23. all of our conversations in the last months of his life when he really started opening up...
  24. willing to do anything for anybody
  25. never complained or gossiped just changed the subject or didn't join in
  26. his testimony
  27. flaming hot cheetos and mini charleston chews
  28. construction work
  29. protein powder
  30. working out and being concerned about his health
  31. his love for music
  32. listening to his mp3 player
  33. taking naps on moms bed
  34. procrastinating homework
  35. accident prone....youngest of nine children and was most likely to be injured...
  36. his feet
  37. willingness to be of comfort
  38. good listener
  39. missionary work
  40. falling asleep on the couch in awkward and uncomfortable ways
  41. traveling for baseball with mom, kassie and I
  42. all you can eat wings at wingers
  43. subtle sense of humor

In the short time since my brothers passing I have been somewhat numb. But I have learned that in order to grow we have to have trials and adversity in our lives. I know this trial is a growing experience and only strengthens my testimony of the gospel. Our earthly life is a test of faith and this trial has helped me to have more faith in the Lord. I am so glad that I have the knowledge that I do and I am so thankful for the plan of salvation. I love you Cole and I will see you again! For now.......I miss you!!!

4 comments:

tiana said...

What an incredible list, and person for that matter. I'm so sorry for all that you have been through lately. I'm glad I got to see you the other day. Anytime you want to get together let me know.

Dan & Brooke said...

Hey Tara,
Wow, that was touching! I really appreciated the testimony you bore at the end of your list! You are so wonderful!

Amber said...

Tara this was so cool that you did this. I did a little list on my blog after my grandma passed and it helps me that i can go back and read it. Cole was an awesome kid!

Unknown said...

what a beautiful post tara! you are so strong and i admire your perspective on cole's passing! hang in there!